Welcome!

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy reading my entries, and please feel free to comment or share. Oh yeah- really sorry about all the weird ads.







Peace & Blessings,







Chiquita Blondita




Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

How Far Would You Go?

"You really don't have to go very far to find people in need." What do you do when you encounter someone who is truly in need? Do you try and help? Do you try to get others involved? Do you look the other way? I suspect all of the above, at one time or another.

I met someone today who needs lots of help. It was overwhelming, actually, and I left her home feeling pretty jacked up over it. Her name is Antoinette, and I'll share about her story in a minute. The thing is, right now... right here... I am gobsmacked by the encounter and want some answers.


Me: God, what do you want me to do? How can I possibly help?
God: ---
Me: Um, sorry, I didn't quite catch that... what should I do?
God: ---
Me: Okay, I trust you. And I get that you are sovereign, etc. Still, could I maybe get a little bit of help here on what to do? Antoinette is sick, her diabetes has taken half of her foot and now wants more, she is in pain, she is confined to a wheelchair, her 44 year old disabled son lives with her, neither one works, both barely make enough to survive, they have NO furniture, NO food, NO family to speak of, and the electricity is being shut off on Monday. Happy Valentine's Day! AAAHHHH!!!!
God: ---
Me: OK, I'm ranting, I just DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO. (tears)
God: ---
Me: I expected when Geoffrey and I brought over the groceries today we would not literally see such empty cupboards. There was, what- 2 cans of corn? A half jar of Skippy and some instant coffee?
God: ---
Me: You can't meet someone in that deep of a hole and just walk away, right?
God: ---
Me: I have to help. I know that much, I just don't know how.
God: ---
Me: ---
God: ---
Me: ---


I know that this is an opportunity God has given me, or rather, has given us to ease the immediate suffering of a fellow human. And yes, I am excited to see how people will step up and do something, anything, to help. I am looking forward to watching how God moves in her life through the lives of me and you and others in the community, and I am especially looking forward to seeing hope restored in her. And also in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, you know, unless they suck.