Welcome!

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy reading my entries, and please feel free to comment or share. Oh yeah- really sorry about all the weird ads.







Peace & Blessings,







Chiquita Blondita




Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

There's No Crying in Hockey

The omens were bad before the puck ever dropped last night in Anaheim.

For starters, I mistakenly gave away my only pair of seats for the Ducks v Canucks game (I usually have 2 pairs-- I will blame this on a Blonde Moment). In an effort to save face, I purchased another pair before my buddy arrived but could not get seats in my normal section. Instead, we were about the only two Ducks fans in our new section, which wasn't hard to do in a stadium boasting a good 60-75% Vancouver fans... actual Vancouver fans, from Canada, as opposed to the typical bandwagon fans that come to town to watch a hot team. Gratefully, the majority of 'nucks around us were good natured and just being (loudly) supportive of their team. Only a few were complete tools- you could easily slip a Kings, Sharks, or Red Wings jersey on these particular ass clowns- but they were the minority, at least where I was sitting.

The next bad omen came when the starting lineup was being announced, and instead of acknowledging Dan Ellis in goal, we heard in disbelief the name of "Dan Sexton" ...Dan SEXTON... our speedy little forward, the one who gets shipped back and forth to Syracuse what seems like every other week. And there was no recovery from the announcer. No, "Haha, Just kidding! Of course Dan Sexton isn't in goal. It's DANNNNNN ELLLLLLLLIS!!!" THAT would have been a good do-over, but that didn't happen. And believe me when I tell you Dan Ellis would love to have a do-over last night, after letting in the first goal less than 20 seconds into the game. Of course, all the 'nuck-le heads in the building went nuts and began chanting, taunting our goalie and it really never let up.

Ducks could not catch a break, and even with a few insane Power Plays could not get a puck past Schneider (Vancouver backup goalie). So many close calls, so many times when it should have gone in. And though some will disagree with me, I don't think we played a bad game. Vancouver just did a better job overall of controlling the puck, lifting our sticks and protecting their goal. Still, I can only take small consolation in the fact that we ended our 3-game streak by being shut out 3-0 in our own home by the top team in the amazing Western Conference.

This was the first time I've ever left a game early. After the end of the second period, after we were now down 2 goals (the second one an eerie repeat of the first one, scored seconds after the start of the period) I found myself so mad that I was actually starting to cry. I am ashamed to admit that I had to hide out in the women's restroom to try and regain my composure. I couldn't. Every time I would try to step back out with my head up, the tears would start to flow again. It was awful! And in my humiliation, I texted my buddy that I was not going to pull it together. I was going home to sulk.

Oh, my Ducks, it's come to this. Clearly, I love you with the passion that I would put into any relationship. And girlie-girl that I am, yes, sometimes I am just a little too emotional to handle disappointment gracefully. Not to worry, I won't ever give up on you. I am loyal. But if it comes down to me losing it like that, I will quietly excuse myself rather than embarass you with my girlie tears. GO DUCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, you know, unless they suck.