Welcome!

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy reading my entries, and please feel free to comment or share. Oh yeah- really sorry about all the weird ads.







Peace & Blessings,







Chiquita Blondita




Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Dating vs. Boredom

Is being bored a valid excuse to start dating again? I mean, is it OK for a single woman of a certain age (I prefer "timeless") who is reasonably well-adjusted, comfortable and old enough to know better but young enough not to care to throw caution to the wind and open the door to romance? I say Yes.


I have been single, or rather, unmarried, for my entire life. I'm not a man-hater, in fact I quite enjoy the company of men... it's just that I haven't figured out how to fall in love with the right man at the right time. Long term relationships? Check. Short term relationships? Check. Parenting, check. Drama, check. Wild, hot, passionate, please-let-me-forget-this-ever-happened, do-not-try-to-call-this-a-relationship? Uh, check please! Honestly, I have had a lot of fun and a lot of heartache in the love department, and have all but convinced myself that I am DONE with dating, mating, and whatever-ing for the rest of time.


But every so often, I find myself feeling... lonely? No, not quite that. Empty? Not really, I am quite content. And then I realize that, while I shouldn't be, I Am Bored. Just plain bored! I work, I socialize, I work out, I volunteer, I attend church, I have a family and friends and pets and hobbies... but still I just feel utterly, inexplicably bored. WTF?!?


So I decided that instead of complaining or over-analyzing it, the time had come to take the situation at hand and find someone new, fun, intelligent, attractive, attentive, and available to expand my horizons and rediscover life through fresh eyes. I created a profile and signed up for 1 month on a Popular Matchmaking Website.

This isn't mercenary, and while some form of boredom may serve as the catalyst, I am truly hoping to find something more than a pal or playmate. I am not interested in temporary relief with a hookup. I do actually have a lot to offer the right man at the right time, and am finally open to the idea of giving my heart to someone again. At the very least, I will meet some new people and learn something valuable.


The matches have been pretty uninspired, even dismal (I'm sure they're all nice people) for the most part, until two weeks ago... HELLO!!! Could this guy even exist outside a fantasy? I, for one, intend to find out. Who knows, maybe I will even fall in love. At least it will make for a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, you know, unless they suck.