Welcome!

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy reading my entries, and please feel free to comment or share. Oh yeah- really sorry about all the weird ads.







Peace & Blessings,







Chiquita Blondita




Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Taking Back My Body

10 lbs to go to reach my weight-loss goal.

It's been a long process, slow going and sometimes very frustrating- but totally worth it. Over the course of 3 years, I have now lost and kept off more than 50 lbs of excess weight with very little fluctuation.

I am stronger, leaner, and more curvy in all the right places. I look forward to and enjoy working out because it's actually fun... Zumba, Yoga, and Spinning are the three that I can do year-round, and I add Water Aerobics in the summer. I want to try a couple of different dance classes and get back into tennis, too. I am also getting really close to buying a bicycle to get out and take advantage of all the great trails in So Cali.

The theme for this year, my motivational mantra, has been Taking Back My Body. When I started this whole weight-loss journey three years ago, I was having to buy new clothes in the largest size I'd ever worn. Standing in front of that dressing room mirror, bathed in the most unattractive lighting possible, I confronted my image. Beneath the layers of protective fat, hiding myself from the world of hurtful people and overwhelming circumstances, was the girl I used to know: sweet, caring, happy and fun-loving. I decided then and there that is was time for a rescue mission- I was going to start taking back my body. I wanted to care again.

I started by joining Weight Watchers and going to meetings. I learned some tools for making healthier choices, and began to set small goals for myself. I thrive on praise and positive attention, so instead of fighting that I learned how to use it in a way that benefits me. Slowly but surely, the pounds started to drop off and my self esteem began to rise proportionately. Within that first year, I had shed more than 20 lbs and 2 sizes. By the second year, another 30 pounds were gone and I had dropped another 3 sizes. Starting at the beginning of this year, I was looking at just 20 more lbs to reach my goal. 3 months in, I've lost 10 of the 20 lbs. I can see the finish line, but my weight loss has seemed to plateau.

I need to figure out what adjustments to make in order to meet my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, you know, unless they suck.